I’m not sure if I’ve made the nice fun winter dress I was aiming for, or a dumb Holly Hobbie clown frock. Both I think. My opinion as to which will depend on mood. Today I like it.
I had inadvertently collected five different kinds of blue pinwale cord, none big enough for much of a garment. I also wanted another long winter dress and I love making patchwork. I only used four of the fabrics in the end. The palest blue stood out too much, and wasn’t needed for acreage. The polkadot piece was a mere scrap given to me for free at a stash market when I expressed interest in it. The floral print was a strange bolt end that had been cut into from a fashion house clearance shop.
Anyway. I think it came together quite well. The bodice is a cut down version of the gold waistcoat I made last year. It is just big enough to slip over the head, helped by the lining. Then there is a back belt that buttons to improve the shape. That can be buttoned loose if one prefers. All the seams line up nicely except the side front. That should have had more thought in the cutting stage.
Obligatory button shot. These are just decorative. Usually that’s against my rules, but they seemed to be needed for visual balance with the big white polkadots.
Here is on. Glad I remembered pockets this time, which used the last bit of the polkadot fabric.