On my list was a short A-line denim skirt. Yesterday I cut it out and made it’s set of pockets.
Today I put the skirt together.
I had fun using a bright scrap to make the zip placket
I’m not entirely happy with how it sits. It might have been a mistake to use this very thin fabric. It might work better in proper traditional denim. This will be nice and light for travelling though.
I cut 8 identical gores. Then pinned it in to fit me, and trimmed it back at waist and hem to level it. I’m finding I enjoy this approach. It’s way less frustrating than having 4 different pattern pieces that one can get confused and probably have to adjust later on anyway.